Working in social care means supporting people with their non-clinical needs, although there is an important crossover between working in health and working in social care.
The social care sector employs 1.48 million people and will have half a million extra jobs available by 2030.
1.48 million people currently work in the social care sector. Because of the increasing number of disabled younger adults living longer and the growing number of older people needing care, adult social care is growing and the sector needs at least another half a million jobs, and people to do them, by 2030.
Health and social care working together
Many staff now work in roles that cover both health and social care, and the values and qualities needed are very similar.
The Government has set out the need for the health and social care sectors to develop new integrated care models to promote health and wellbeing and provide care. In the future, this could mean your career crossing both sectors in new and exciting roles.
Several methods are in place across the country to develop and promote these new ways of working, such as:
- providing key skills training for health staff so they can assess mental health wellbeing
- training for physiotherapists so they can undertake dementia assessments
- enhancing the competencies of care home staff so they can support clinical and non-clinical professionals
- ways of encouraging closer working and learning between primary and community-based nursing teams
Advantage of being an agency Health Care Assistant at Quality Plus Locums
- You have the freedom to work when you want to without feeling tied down to one job.
- You can get inside knowledge of the company you work for. Very often when a ‘permanent’ job is advertised, an agency worker that has been covering it has an advantage because they have a good understanding of the job.
- You can work for a number of organisations giving you the chance to try different types of work. This could make you more employable.
- It helps you to realise your ideal work/life balance.
- Access to clinical skills training sessions which specifically equip healthcare staff to manage the conditions they are presented with, confidently and effectively. We ensure the course content is relevant to area of work.
Our mission is to support and upskill locum healthcare professionals to achieve professional growth and development so they can deliver the best possible care in their clinical areas.
Find more about us www.qualityplus.org.uk or call us 03301131 541 ( 24hrs)